Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yard Sales

I love a good yard sale.  There are few things more fun and exciting that finding treasures in other peoples' "junk". 

Two weekends ago, my hubby and I had some great finds.  The day started at 6 AM for me.  After getting ready in record time, an hour, (which is sadly a record for me) Austin and I left to see what we could find.  
For the first 45 minutes we were pretty discouraged.  We didn't even get out of the car.  We continued to drive past yard sale after yard sale, knowing they didn't have what we wanted.  Our goal right now is to find some new furniture pieces; small things like a craft table for the office and a stand for the coffee station that I have been dreaming about for months.  

We finally came upon a yard sale that we thought maybe, just maybe, we would find something.  It was a great yard sale and it's a good thing we didn't stay long.  I'm sure I could have found too many great things there.  I was thrilled to find a microwave stand that I thought could work pretty well for our coffee station.  It's not in perfect shape, but for $8 we couldn't go wrong!  Then I found a cute hanging flower basket filled with pretty purple flowers.  It needs a little cleaning but for $2, it was a great find!



We moved on to the next yard sale.  This one was at a large church in our area and it was huge!  I wish we had had more time to spend there.  Unfortunately, Austin had to go in to work in just a little bit.  Our time there was short, but we found a cute stand for $5 that I can use to put some of my tea cup collection on display.  Our car was filled at this point anyway.  

Austin headed to work and I unloaded our new treasures.  I grabbed my keys and headed back out.  I found one more yard sale where I snagged a cute hanging shelf for the wall for only $2.  



One of my new goals is to paint some furniture.  I haven't ever done this before but I have a few pieces that could use some TLC.  My $2 hanging shelf might be my first project.


This past weekend my mom and sister were in town.  We were able to so some more treasure hunting while they were here.  We found some great lamps for $2 each.  My hubby even got me one for $1.  I also found some cute corner shelves.  They came in a set of three and I was able to snag them for $2!


Going to yard sales is such a great thing to do!  It's a fun way to add some new-to-you pieces to your home for a great price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment