Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas


     One meal that I love to make is chicken enchiladas.  It is easy and so yummy!  It's a great meal to make when having people over as well as just for the family.  It also makes great left-overs.
Here is how I make chicken enchiladas.

Ingredients:


  • Chicken (seasoned with onion powder, salt, and pepper) 
  • Dry Enchilada mix
  • An 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 8 Taco Shells (the best brand is Mission; once we had those we never went back)
  • A 2 cup bag of Mexican cheese
  • Rice



Directions:

1.  I begin by cutting up the chicken into pieces.  A heat up a little bit of vegetable oil in a frying pan while I'm cutting up the chicken.  I then cook the chicken in the pan with onion, salt and pepper.



2.  Once the chicken is cooked and still hot, I use the most wonderful method of shredding chicken.  I found this idea on Pinteret and I'm so thankful I did.  I put it in my Kitchen Aid mixer and let the mixer do the work!  Within about 30 to a minute I have perfectly shredded chicken.  





3.  While the chicken is cooking, in a small sauce pan I mix the enchilada mix, 8 oz can of tomato sauce, and 1 1/2 of water.  Those ingredients need to come to a boil.  After that comes to a boil, I then turn it on low in order to let it thicken.  



4.  Once both the chicken is cooked and shredded and the sauce is ready, I pour enough sauce on the chicken to coat all of it.  




5.  I then take the taco shells and stuff then with some chicken and cheese.




6.  I roll up the shells and line them up an 11 X 13 pan.




7.  Once all of the enchiladas are lined up in the pan, I pour the rest of the sauce over top.



8.  Then I use the rest of the cheese to cover the enchiladas.  



9.  The enchiladas are then cooked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.




10.  While the enchiladas are cooking, I make rice and vegetables to go with the meal.




It's a great dish and good for so many occasions!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment