Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coffee Station

Coffee stations have become an obsession of mine.  Ever since the first time I saw one on Pinterest, I couldn't stop thinking about having one in my apartment.  In our old apartment there was no space for one so one of the first things I thought about as we were looking at apartments here in Lynchburg was, "Where will my coffee station go?".  Is this a dumb way to pick an apartment?  Probably.  Did I care?  Nope, not at all.


The apartment we ended up renting doesn't necessarily have the best space for a coffee station, but we made it work.  We have been looking and looking for what I was picturing for my coffee stand.  I had bought a beautiful off white shelf that I knew would look perfect over our coffee maker.  I just wasn't quite sure what we would find for a stand.  


As we were yard sale shopping a few weeks back, we stumbled upon an old microwave cart.  They were selling it for $8.  Austin and I decided we couldn't go wrong with that price.  Even though it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, for $8 this stand would be great for now.  And if we come along something better, I wouldn't feel bad replacing this cart.  But for now, we have  great coffee station that I am so happy with!  



This is the stand we found when we were at the yard sale.


As soon as I got the stand in to the apartment, I put a table cloth on.  I'm still looking for the right one, but this will o for now.  I also had the perfect basket to store all of our extra K-cups.


We had everything set up except my favorite shelf in this one.  It was a really heavy shelf so I had to wait for my husband to get home to hang that up.


Here is the finished product!  I really like how it turned out!  Its a great size for our apartment and I love how he shelf looks over the stand.




I am loving our new coffee station.  I'm so glad we waited until we found such a great deal on some great pieces!  I am definitely learning the benefits of being patient when it comes to developing our home.







No comments:

Post a Comment