Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Wooden Shelf

     I recently redid a shelf that I had bought for $2 at a yard sale.  The shelf was just plain wood but I really liked how it looked.  My hubby and I went to Walmart to buy some paint so I could fix it up. 

     I haven't painted furniture before so I was very excited for this project.  I ended up spending a lot more on the materials to fix it up than I expected, but I think the end result was definitely worth it.  I got sand paper, paint brushes, and paint.

     The man at Walmart was so helpful and patient as I was picking a paint color.  I was so worried that I wouldn't like it once I painted the shelf, but I ended up loving the paint color I got.  It was called Coolbreeze Blue.  I choose to use a paint and primer together so I didn't have to do as many coats.  I went back and forth on the type of finish I wanted, but in the end I went with eggshell.  It has a bit of a shine, but not too much. 


     Here are some before and after pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment