Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Moving


Moving is hard.  Our move this past week made me never want to move again.  At least not for a good, long time.  Moving takes a lot of organization and a lot of boxes!  I can't tell you how may trips my husband took to different stores to get more boxes.  But moving was well worth it!  I just know we are going to be so much happier here.  Our apartment is a little bigger than the last, but the layout of the apartment is the most wonderful difference.  

My kitchen is much more open now.  And the oven door has glass to look in.  One of my least favorite things about our last apartment was the glass-less oven door!    

Our master bathroom is also another plus!  It's huge!  With lots of cabinets!  And a huge, wonderful bathtub!  
I also have a walk-in closet!  There is nothing more wonderful than a walk-in closet.  

The move itself would not have been possible without the help of our wonderful parents!  Both Austin's parents and my parents came down to assist with the move as well as two professional movers that we hired for 2 hours.  Getting professional movers was a great idea!  It was relatively cheap and they moved all of our heavy items and packed our moving truck for us!  It was such a blessing!  

I'm now in the unpacking stage.  This is no easy thing either.  But I'm so excited about our new home that it makes unpacking fun.  I have constantly checking craigslist for some of our furniture needs.  We have a growing list of items we would like to find for our apartment including some kind of a stand or a bakers rack to be used as a coffee station, 3 bar stools for our breakfast bar, a vanity for me so I will stop doing my make-up while sitting on the floor in front of my full-length mirror, and too much more.  Because of how expensive this list could be, we will be stretching out our buying process for these items until we find great deals and just the right items.

We will most likely be settled in this apartment for two to four years so I'm looking forward to the process of making this apartment our home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment