Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

     I made a pumpkin pie.  It turned out beautifully.  Pumpkin pie happens to be a staple for Thanksgiving.  There is only one problem with pumpkin pie...I hate it.  I'm not a pumpkin fan at all; the smell, the taste, the texture...not for me.  But my man happens to love pumpkin pie and he needed one made for work, so I rolled up my sleeves and made one and loved every second of it.  Baking actually makes the world a better place. 


     Now I have not personally tried this pie, but Austin said it was great.  He is my ultimate taste tester.  He is honest in an encouraging way.  He won't hide his thoughts and tries to encourage with suggestions.  I appreciate his take on my recipes each time I bake.

     Usually I make my own pie crust.  I'll be honest, I consider it cheating if I don't make my own crust.  But I have been one busy girl, so I used a...store bought crust.  Wow, that was hard to type.  Anyway, it cuts down a lot on the time and time is something I am lacking these days.
Here is the recipe for this delicious pie.  Please don't follow my example by buying a crust.  Make your own...it's worth it.

Here is the recipe for Pumpkin Pie:

Serving Size: 2 regular size pies
Cook Time: Approximately 50-60 minutes
Oven Temperature: 425 degrees for the first 15 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees for approximately another 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Ingredients for Pie Filling:
·       -  1 (29 oz) can of pure pumpkin
·       -  2 (14 oz) cans of sweetened Condensed Milk
·       -  4 eggs
·       -  2 tsp ground cinnamon
·       -  1 tsp ground ginger
·       -  1 tsp ground nutmeg
·       -  1 tsp salt






     The best part of this recipe is that you literally put all the ingredients in the mixer until it is mixed together very well and divide it between the two pie crusts.



     I like to do different pinching methods with pie crusts.  As pictured above, I did one pie crust pinched further apart while the other was pinched closer together.  


     This is what the pie filling will look like after being mixed.





     Fill the pie crust and bake.






    That's all there is to it!  This pie is delicious and so easy.  It is the perfect end to an amazing Thanksgiving dinner.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment