Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Face Cookies


     Today has been a snowy, cold day and I loved it!  I definitely didn't accomplish everything I wanted to today, but I was so thankful to have a whole day with my hubby!  We were able to just relax, watch TV, read our Bibles, and do a little cleaning.  I also decided today was the perfect day to get some baking done!  I tried my hand at making face cookies.  These are a special cookie that I used to get from Day's Bakery when I was growing up.  Day's Bakery is a small bakery in my home town that makes some of the most wonderful sweet treats!  One of my absolute favorites of their's are face cookies.  Basically they are just heart-shaped sugar cookies with frosting and they are amazing!  I loved going to pick one out because they always had so many different colors, making each one look so different.  

    I'm not going to share a specific recipe today because I honestly wasn't thrilled with the one I used for the cookies today.  I will keep working to perfect the recipe before I share it.  

    Here are some pictures of the process! 









 
     This last picture is a cookie that my hubby decorated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment